Sign in to follow this  
Lessons Learned Abroad

Hellllllo!

Hey everyone!

Chris here, a Canadian that lives in Sweden...that is currently in Nairobi, Kenya! I'm a remote worker, so I have the luxury of being able to hop around (assuming I can find reliable wifi!). I spent my formative years farming in Ontario, managing an organic farm for about 11 years. I also co-owned a restaurant and picked up a university degree in history along the way. I'm a big nerd (Star Wars and D&D anyone?) and spend my free time reading, writing, hiking, and dabbling in chess. 

Looking forward to meeting some fellow travellers! :) 

Hi Chris! Nice to meet you. I'm so jealous you're in Kenya. Siya and I both want to travel there in the next year. I'd also love to go to Ethiopia. Have you been there? Also, so cool about how you used to farm in Ontario!!! Man I need to pick your brain. We are looking to buy land and build a commune and of course have a massive community garden. I love the idea of growing my own food.

Thanks for sharing a bit about how you are with us and looking forward to connecting.

- Kristen

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 8:16 PM, Kristen Sarah said:

Hi Chris! Nice to meet you. I'm so jealous you're in Kenya. Siya and I both want to travel there in the next year. I'd also love to go to Ethiopia. Have you been there? Also, so cool about how you used to farm in Ontario!!! Man I need to pick your brain. We are looking to buy land and build a commune and of course have a massive community garden. I love the idea of growing my own food.

Thanks for sharing a bit about how you are with us and looking forward to connecting.

- Kristen

My friend lived in Ethiopia though I haven't been. Tanzania is next on my radar as my sister and I are going to try to climb Kilimanjaro! *fingers crossed*

Love the idea of your commune/community garden. I was the Director of an (anarchist) worker's cooperative back in Canada, so I'm definitely into/familiar with communal working and living. More than happy to chat sometime and share the ins and outs of back-breaking organic farming :P 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this